Lieu, April 14 2020
French authorities have taken and published a certain number of recommendations and measures to prevent and slow the spread of Covid-19; this document aims to relay this information and to shed light on any concerns or queries you may have.
The following link will redirect you towards the strategy established by French authorities:
You will find a summary of the main measures enclosed.
B- The measures implemented in France by French authorities:
Within France, a containment and confinement system has been implemented throughout the country from Tuesday, March 17 at 12:00 noon for a minimum of fifteen days. On April 13, the President announced that lockdown measures would be implemented until May 11 at least. Leaving one’s residence is prohibited except in the following circumstances and in possession of a written certificate:
– Travel between home and the place of work, when it is essential for the exercise of activities that cannot be organized in the form of teleworking or business travel that cannot be postponed.
– Travel to make purchases of supplies necessary for the professional activity conducted and personal essential purchases (such as food, pet food, etc.) in establishments whose activities remain authorized (list on government.fr).
– Medical consultations and care that cannot be provided at a distance and cannot be postponed; consultations and care for patients with long-term illnesses.
– Travel for compelling family reasons, for assistance to vulnerable persons or childcare.
– Short journeys, within the limit of one hour per day and within a maximum radius of one kilometer around home, related either to the individual physical activity of persons, excluding any collective sporting activities and any proximity to other persons (forbidden between 10:00 am and 7:00 pm in Paris), or to walking with only the persons grouped together in the same home, or to the needs of pets.
– Judicial or administrative summons.
– Participation in missions of general interest at the request of the administrative authority.
Following May 11, depending on the situation that will prevail, the confinement may be progressively lifted, while new specific sanitary measures are implemented. As such, not all public places will reopen at once, in particular bars and restaurants,or events and festivals will remain closed for a longer period.
The certificate required to leave your residence and on which you must state (by checking the appropriate box) the reason why, is available on the following page:
In addition, a digital travel certification device has been implemented, it is available on the following page :
C- For the tourism sector and your travels to France:
The president has announced that specific economic measures will be taken in order to help the tourism sector. These measures should be announced next month (May).
The borders of the Schengen area have been closed from March 17- noon for an initial period of 30 days.
Once the containment and confinement system will have been lifted, certain restrictions will remain. As announced by the President, French international borders should remain closed until further notice.
In the context of the implementation of the state of health emergency in France, access restrictions to Mainland France and to French Overseas territories are in effect. Every traveler is requested, from April 8, 2020, 12 AM, to fill out and carry one of the following travel certificates according to his situation:
• for a trip from mainland France to French overseas territories
• for an international travel from abroad to mainland France
• for an international travel from abroad to French overseas territories
The document is to be presented to transportation companies before boarding, as well as to border control authorities.
The following link will give you access to these different travel certificates in English :
The following information concerns procedures implemented by certain companies should your trip to France be postponed or cancelled due to the pandemic:
Air France: This link will give you all the necessary information if you wish to postpone or cancel your trip:
SNCF (French National Railroads):
In addition to subscribers, in general for all customers and to enable everyone to prepare their journeys calmly, Voyages SNCF has taken exceptional measures since March 9: the exchange and refund costs of TGV INOUI and Intercités TGV tickets as well as those of connecting TER trains are free of charge until June 24 inclusive, on all distribution channels.
For furthermore information, this link (EN) will answer any enquiries you may have:https://www.sncf.com/en/passenger-offer/travel-by-train/coronavirus-our-response
1. Customers who have booked directly with Accor via the all.accor.com website, the ALL application, the general call center or directly with one of our hotels AND
a. having booked at a flexible rate, can modify or cancel their reservation:
i. by going to the all.accor.com site and clicking on “My reservations”;
ii. by contacting our general booking center (numbers below)
a. having booked a non flexible fare, can modify or cancel their reservation:
i. by contacting our general booking center (numbers below)
1. Customers who have booked via a travel agency, online booking platform or other third party channel are invited to contact the relevant booking entity directly for any assistance requests.
D- Your safety:
The following link will redirect you towards advice for travelers established by French authorities:
In the event of fever or other symptoms, these are the steps to follow:
|City||Hotline for questions or concerns||Hotline in case of signs of an infection||Embassy of [country] in France|
|Any||Toll-free number answers your questions about the Coronavirus COVID-19 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 0 800 130 000||Number : 15||Name:|
Foreign tourists wishing to leave France should call their travel operator/provider, and/or airline or train company, as well as their national embassy in France.
If need be, our Atout France Offices are at your disposal for any additional information and to answer any questions you may have